Orlando Personal Injury Law Attorney
5 Ways I Can Help You With Your Injury Claim Today
1. Download my free e-books, Sharing the Secrets, Learning the Lies: A Guide to Florida Personal Injury and How to Get Medical Treatment After a Florida Car Accident Without Spending Thousands of Dollars. These books will help answer many of your questions about your injury claim.
2. Listen to my free audio book of Sharing the Secrets, Learning the Lies: A Guide to Florida Personal Injury.
4. Can’t find the answer to your question? Click here to submit your question to my team today. We’ll review your questions and tell you how we can help.
5. Call my office today at (407) 648-4940 to speak with one of my expert team members about your injury case. We’ll review your case and schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, If we do not take your specific type of case, we will refer you to someone who can best assist you. We will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.
Helping Accident Victims across Central Florida since 1991
Serious injuries rarely involve legal claims that relate to just one area of the law. For any claim resulting from an injury or accident, our effectively-designed, cost-efficient legal strategy will consider related claims arising from the same accident, limiting the need for costly and timely discovery.
Depending on how or where an injury occurs at home, at work, or in the car, one injury may lead to a variety of different claims involving workers’ compensation, social security disability, multiple insurance policies and payments, and more.
At The Coye Law Firm, our Florida injury attorneys and legal staff offer a unique legal approach to personal injury, devoting our practice to representing individuals who are suffering from the associated pain and frustration.
Our firm can help you with claims in any of the following practice areas. Don’t see the practice area you’re interested in on the list? Call our offices and someone will be happy to assist in your search. Our accomplished attorneys help people with:
Frequently Asked Questions About Injury Cases
1. “How much is my personal injury claim worth?”
Each claim is different, but there are several factors that can determine the value of your case. These factors can include the amount of medical bills, amount of wage loss, and any future medical bills. There is also another group of factors known as “noneconomic damages” that can include loss of enjoyment of life, immense pain and suffering, inconvenience, disfigurement, loss of consortium, and other damages that do not have a fixed dollar amount.
2. “What’s a ‘good’ settlement in an injury case?”
Determining a fair settlement varies greatly case-by-case. However, there are a few questions you should ask in order to evaluate the quality of your settlement. Click here to read the 4 questions you should ask before settling your claim.
3. “Who will pay for my losses?”
In a perfect world, the at-fault person and their insurance company will cover all of your losses, from medical bills to car repairs to property damage. After all, they caused these inconveniences to you, right? Unfortunately, depending on your situation there may not be enough insurance coverage to even scrape the surface of the bills you’ve been left with. Your personal injury protection benefits will only cover up to $10,000.
There are other resources for you to be compensated, such as premises liability coverage, gap insurance, and uninsured motorist coverage to name a few. However, most people may not even know about these resources, let alone how to navigate the complications and rules of each system.
4. “Do I need an attorney to make the insurance company pay?”
You may not need an attorney to make the insurance company pay, but you may need one to make sure you are paid what you deserve. The insurance company will likely offer you a payment. However, this first offer is usually so low that anyone who knows the true value of your case would be offended. The insurance company may also ask you what your bottom-line number is to settle your case in order to establish a number that is lower than your initial request. The best way to guarantee you get everything the law allows to cover your expenses is to get an attorney.
Here’s What You Can Expect When You Call Us Today About Your Injury Claim
I understand that calling a personal injury firm isn’t exactly something you’re excited to do.
If you have never hired a lawyer before, calling a personal injury firm for the first time may be a little intimidating. Especially if you don’t know what kinds of questions they will ask and what kind of information you should have ready when you call.
We want to make the process as easy and pain-free as possible for you. Here is what you can expect when you call my office today about your Florida accident or injury…
1) Basic Information and Conflict Check
Before discussing the details of your case, we must run a conflict check in our office. We run a conflict check to make sure your case wouldn’t interfere with any of our existing cases. For instance, if you were involved in a car accident, it’s important that we make sure we are not already representing the other driver in the accident. Although it may seem unlikely, these situations do happen.
The only information we need to run a conflict check is your name and mailing address.
2) Questions About the Accident
Next, we will begin to ask you questions about the accident itself, such as:
- How did the accident occur?
- Where did the accident happen?
- When did the accident happen?
If it was a car accident, we may ask…
- Did you call the police?
- Which department responded to the scene? (Florida Highway Patrol? A city police department?)
- Did you exchange information with the other driver?
- Were there any witnesses to the accident?
If you were NOT the driver of the car involved in the car accident, we may ask…
- Did the person you were riding with do anything to contribute to the collision?
- Do you own a vehicle?
- If so, do you have insurance on that vehicle?
- If not, do you live with a family member who owns a vehicle?
3) Questions About Your Injuries and Medical Treatment
- How did you leave the scene of the accident? (Did you leave by ambulance? Were you able to walk away? Or did a friend pick you up?)
- What injuries did you sustain from the accident?
- Have you received any medical treatment?
- Where did you receive treatment?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Have you missed work or other appointments as a result of the accident?
- What has the insurance company communicated with you?
4) How You Heard About Us
We truly appreciate the confidence that our clients place in us by referring their friends or family, so we may ask how you heard about us or who referred you so that we can thank them for their trust!
If we believe we can help with your claim…our Intake Specialist may then schedule you a free consultation to speak with one of our attorneys. Keep in mind, we will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.
If we don’t believe we are best suited to help with your injury claim…our mission is to still be as helpful as possible. This could mean providing a caller with the information they might need to resolve an issue on their own, or suggesting an alternative means other than hiring a lawyer. We also have a list of attorney friends we trust that we may refer you to. Either way, we will do our best to point you in the right direction!
What Others Are Saying about the Coye Law Personal Injury Team…
I can tell that this firm is taking my situation seriously…
“My experience here has been pleasant. I was very impressed that the Coye Law Firm could get me in for an appointment the same day I called. Mary Kate was great and answered all my questions. She even took it a step further and went out of her way to get me an answer to one of my questions.”
– A Coye Law Firm Client, Winter Park, FL