Coye Law Firm

Veteran Disability

3 Ways I Can Help You With Your VA Claim Today

If you are reading this, you’re probably one of the several veterans struggling with theveteran-owned law firm veteran disability VA claim VA disability law firm attorney lawyer Veterans Administration – an organization that moves about as fast as pondwater. You’ve served your country, but now your service-connected injury or illness has made it difficult for you to transition to civilian life. 

As a veteran myself, and a squared away attorney who has helped hundreds of veterans with their claims, I know firsthand how drawn out the process can be.

Lucky for you, you’ve already taken a crucial step by seeking expert legal help for your VA claim. 

Here’s how my team and I can help you today…

1) Request an absolutely FREE copy of my book, Standby to Standby: Why Your Veteran Benefits Are Taking So Long and What You Can Do About It. This book will help you understand the basics of veteran disability claims. I’ll mail it to you, free of charge. 

From my book, you will learn… 

  • 5 things you can do to move your case along quicker;
  • Why it takes so long to receive a decision;
  • 6 tips for writing an email to your Congressman and/or Senator about your claim;
  • How to create and authenticate your eBenefits account;
  • What an “Awarded Benefits” letter looks like;
  • What a “Denial for Benefits” letter looks like;
  • How to appeal a denied claim;
  • And much more! Click here to request a free copy today. 

2) Click here to contact my veteran disability team with your questions, or to request a free consultation.

3) Call us at (407) 648-4940 and speak with my veteran disability team today!  

Do I Qualify for Veterans Disability Benefits?

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs website states that “if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions,” you can get veterans’ disability compensation benefits for your disability. Veterans’ of all kinds can apply, regardless of which war they served and whether they were involved in combat or not.

Compensation can also be received if a veteran develops a condition or sustains an injury that prevents them from working or continuing their service. To qualify for veteran’s disability benefits, a person must:

  • Have a disabling injury/condition related to active duty service in the military;
  • Have a disabling injury/condition that was made worse by serving in the military;
  • Have been discharged under conditions that were not dishonorable;

You may be awarded more benefits if you have:

  • A severe disability;
  • Lost a limb;
  • A spouse;
  • A child or children;
  • Dependent parents;
  • A disabled spouse;

How Do I Apply for Veterans Disability Benefits?

When it comes time to apply for VA disability benefits, there are two ways to do it.

1) You can apply online apply online via the VA website (recommended), or

2) Visit your local VA office (click here for a list of local offices).

The form you need is called the Veterans Application for Compensation or Pension, also known as VA Form 21-526. In order to receive additional benefits for family members or severe disabilities, be sure to include marriage certificates, birth certificates, and doctor reports with your application. 

As with any insurance claim, keep track of any paperwork, medical bills, and correspondence as it relates to your claim in order to get the maximum disability benefits. You can estimate the amount of benefits you can receive by consulting the chart available from the Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs

The VA Denied My Claim. What Do I Do?

To appeal a decision made by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, the first step is to write a letter to your local VA office. There is no form to file an appeal; you or your attorney can write a statement that specifically outlines why you disagree with the decision on your benefits. This statement is called a Notice of Disagreement. You have one year to appeal a VA decision. Unlike Social Security Administration, the VA’s decision is considered final after one year and cannot be reopened.

Call 407 – 648 – 4940 or contact my team today for a free consultation about your Veteran’s Disability claim.

The expert injury lawyers at Coye Law Firm are experienced with Florida, New York, Michigan, and District of Columbia law and are here to help the disabled.