What to Expect When Calling a Personal Injury Law Firm About Your Florida Car Accident
We understand that the day you consider hiring an attorney isn’t something you’ve been waiting for or looking forward to.
If you have never hired a lawyer before, calling a personal injury firm for the first time may be a little intimidating. Especially if you don’t know what kinds of questions they will ask and what kind of information you should have ready when you call.
Keep in mind, although needing a lawyer is scary, it’s even more terrifying to go it alone.
The good news is…if you are reading this page, you are already ahead of thousands of other injury and accident claimants that know they might need expert legal help, but wait until it is too late!
Here is what you can expect when you call my office today about your Florida car accident…
1) Basic Information and Conflict Check
Before discussing the details of your case, we must first gather some basic information to run a conflict check in our office. We run a conflict check to make sure your case wouldn’t interfere with any of our existing cases. For instance, if you were involved in a car accident, it’s important that we make sure we are not already representing the other driver in the accident. Although it may seem unlikely, these situations do happen.
The only information we need to run a conflict check is your name and mailing address.
2) Questions About the Accident
Next, we will begin to ask you questions about the accident itself, such as:
- How did the accident occur? (Were you rear-ended at a stop sign? T-boned at an intersection?)
- Where did the accident happen?
- When did the accident happen?
- Did you call the police?
- Which department responded to the scene? (Florida Highway Patrol? A city police department?)
- Did you exchange information with the other driver?
- Were there any witnesses to the accident?
If you were NOT the driver of the car involved in the car accident, we may ask…
- Did the person you were riding with do anything to contribute to the collision?
- Do you own a vehicle?
- If so, do you have insurance on that vehicle?
- If not, do you live with a family member who owns a vehicle?
3) Questions About Your Injuries and Medical Treatment
- How did you leave the scene of the accident? (Did you leave by ambulance? Were you able to walk away? Or did a friend pick you up?)
- What injuries did you sustain from the accident?
- Have you received any medical treatment?
- Where did you receive treatment?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Have you missed work or other appointments as a result of the accident?
- What has the insurance company communicated with you?
4) How You Heard About Us
We truly appreciate the confidence that our clients place in us by referring their friends or family, so we may ask how you heard about us or who referred you so that we can thank them for their trust!
If we believe we can help with your car accident case…our Intake Specialist may then schedule you a free consultation to speak with one of our attorneys. Keep in mind, we will NEVER pressure you into hiring us for your case if that does not benefit you.
If we don’t believe we are best suited to help with your car accident case…our mission is to still be as helpful as possible. This could mean providing a caller with the information they might need to resolve an issue on their own, or suggesting an alternative means other than hiring a lawyer. We also have a list of attorney friends we trust that we may refer you to. Either way, we will do our best to point you in the right direction!